Kids In Need Resource Center Affiliate Program
The Kids In Need National Network of Resource Centers are located throughout the country and provide free school supplies to children in need. They operate in a retail environment and offer teachers the opportunity to “shop” for their students’ basic school supply needs.
Kids In Need Affiliates:
- Receive free school supplies procured by the Kids In Need Foundation
- Are recognized as part of a national organization
- Benefit from national partnerships for reduced rate freight and product purchases
- Have access to ongoing collaboration and networking opportunities
Are you interested in becoming a Kids In Need Affiliate?
Kids In Need currently has two Affiliate options – Full Affiliate and Junior Affiliate.
Organizations that have been actively distributing product to teachers for at least one year and are still growing in key areas of operation are eligible for Jr Affiliate status. Junior Affiliates will receive hands-on mentoring, assistance, and learning opportunities through Kids In Need and the Affiliate Network for a period of two years.
Organizations that have been actively distributing product to teachers for at least two years are eligible for Full Affiliate status.
- Step 1—Complete application and submit additional required materials for review
- Step 2—A KINF staff member will contact you and schedule a site visit
- Step 3—Evaluation and recommendations are made by the Reach Committee and presented to the Board of Directors in the fall for a vote by the full membership. A KINF staff member will notify you of the results.
Applications can be submitted year around, but are evaluated on an annual basis and presented to KINF Board of Directors during their 4th quarter meeting. Applications and all supporting documents must be received by August 1st, in order to be evaluated for the upcoming calendar year.
Please review the following application requirements:
- Current 501(c)(3) status
- Product distribution to schools with Federal Free and Reduced Lunch eligibility requirement of 70% or higher
- Distribution of product free of charge
- Operating within a 3-Year Strategic Plan
- Operating under a board of directors or advisory council
- Operating within a budget that includes a line item for freight
- Operating with non-program expenses (overhead costs) at 30% or less.
- Distributing at least 80% of annual gift in kind revenue (donations received).
- Logistically able to receive full truckload deliveries (26 pallets)
- Access to combined Warehouse Capacity of at least 5,000 sq ft (main + overflow)
- At least one paid full time staff member
- Currently serving at least 15% of eligible students in service area
- Provide letter of endorsement from school district(s) served.
- If this a program of a larger organization, you must also have a program specific budget
Ready to apply?
To begin your Affiliate Application, please click here. If you have questions about your application or the application process, please contact Jessica Hoffman.
For More Information
- Email Jessica Hoffman, Manager of Network Relations and Outreach Development
- Interested in starting your own Resource Center? Check out the following resources:
When families struggle financially, school supplies just can't be a priority. In 2018, we directly supported more than 6 million students with new supplies.
Support a Child