2014 Kids In Need National Network Summit
Groups and individuals who attend the Kids In Need National Network Summit share a common mission: to provide free school supplies to children in need.
The Summit Is Proudly Sponsored by
2014 Summit Dates: June 25 - 27
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Hosted by: The Teacher EXCHANGE®
For more information, please contact the Kids In Need Foundation at 937-296-1230 or email@example.com
2014 Preliminary Event Hours
Wednesday, June 25
- Resource Center Tour and Welcome Dinner
4:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Thursday, June 26
- Plenary, Breakout, and Networking Sessions
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday, June 27
- Plenary, Breakout, and Networking Sessions
8:00 am – 2:30 pm
2014 Preliminary Topic List
- Teacher Shopping Methods
- Warehouse Management & Efficiency
- Local Fundraising
- How'd You DO That?
- Making Qualitative and Quantitative Data Work For You
- Alternative Methods of Distribution
- Local Product Procurement
- Reuse Repurpose Recycle: Sustainability
- Service In Kind: Engaging the Corporate Community
- Social Media: It's Not Just Facebook Anymore
- Networking Meals and Pods
- And much, much more!*
Lodging and Meals
Host Hotel and Event Location:
Las Vegas Marriott
325 Convention Center Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Event Rate: $119/night + tax
Hotel Reservations: Click HERE to make your reservations online. Reservations can also be made by calling (702) 650-2000 or (800) 228-9290. You must refer to the Kids In Need Summit to receive this reduced rate. Reservations at this rate must be made before Wednesday May 28, 2014. After this date, the event rate will no longer be available.
Please note that free airport shuttle service is NOT offered by the Las Vegas Marriott. The hotel does however offer complimentary on-site parking. Alternatives from McCarran International Airport (LAS):
Estimated taxi fare: $17 USD (one way)
Click here for Shuttle Service Providers
Click here for Airport Car Rentals
Registration Fee per person includes:
- Wednesday Night Welcome Dinner
- Tour of the Teacher EXCHANGE® Resource Center
- Two phenomenal days filled with plenary, panel, Q&A, and breakout sessions
- Activities specifically engineered for networking
- Breakfast and Lunch on Thursday
- Breakfast and Lunch on Friday
- Travel and lodging costs are not included in your registration fee.
*Attendees are responsible for their own travel & lodging expenses.
What is the purpose of the Summit?
The Summit is a means of exchanging ideas and information about operating a free store for teachers. It is an arena for exchanging best practices, solving problems, bragging a little bit about successes, and gaining new insight into the challenges of operating a store.
Who attends the Summit?
- Staff and volunteers of free stores for teachers from all across the U.S.
- Individuals who are in the midst of establishing local free stores for teachers
- Individuals who are thinking about starting local free stores for teachers
Summit Fast Facts
Typically the Summit is two or three days near the end of June. The 2014 dates are June 25, 26, & 27.
The location changes from year to year. The 2014 location is Las Vegas, NV.
If I attend, what do I have to do?
As a participant in the Summit, we hope you will come prepared to talk and to listen. The Summit is an informal gathering where you will feel free to offer information based on your own experiences and ask questions based on your own needs. The value of the Summit is to hear how others are doing things and to share your expertise with the other attendees.
What topics are most frequently discussed?
Uppermost in everyone's minds are fundraising and product procurement. However, other relevant topics are discussed; for instance, merchandising the store, marketing and public relations, volunteer recruitment and management, and inventory control always come up during the course of the two-day event. If there is not a scheduled time for topics in which you are interested, there are always opportunities to bring up topics in conversations at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or during your free time with the other attendees.
What if I am new to the free store world? Will I fit in?
Absolutely. What everyone at the Summit has in common is the dedication to providing free school supplies to kids and teachers who need them. Even if you have never attended a Summit before, you immediately fit in because of this common mission.
To receive information about the next Summit, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.