Kids In Need Resource Center Affiliate Program
The Kids In Need National Network of Resource Centers are located throughout the country and provide free school supplies to needy children. They operate in a retail environment and offer teachers the opportunity to “shop” for their students’ basic school supply needs.
Kids In Need Affiliates:
- Receive free school supplies procured by the Kids In Need Foundation
- Are recognized as part of a national organization
- Benefit from national partnerships for reduced rate freight and product purchases
Applications submitted for consideration must meet certain criteria.
Are you interested in becoming a Kids In Need Affiliate?
Please review the following questions:
- Are you a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit?
- Has your teacher free store been in operation for at least 1 year?
- Are you able to show financial viability and sustainability?
- Does your teacher free store serve schools in which at least 70 percent of the student body is eligible for the federal free and reduced lunch program?
- Do teachers shop free of charge?
- Does your teacher free store have substantial community support?
If you answered yes to these questions, please apply for Affiliate Status.
If you are interested in applying for Affiliate Status but have been open for less than one year, you can apply for Junior Affiliate status. The Junior Affiliate status is for teacher free stores interested in becoming Affiliates but are still growing in some key areas of operation. Junior Affiliates will receive hands-on mentoring, assistance, and learning opportunities through Kids In Need and the Affiliate Network for a period of two years. If you answered yes to these questions, please apply for Junior Affiliate Status.
- Step 1—Complete application and submit additional required materials for review
- Step 2—A KINF staff member will contact you and schedule a site visit
- Step 3—Evaluation and recommendations are made by the Reach Committee and presented to the Board of Directors in the fall for a vote by the full membership. A KINF staff member will notify you of the results.
Applications are accepted year round, but evaluated only once per year. Application and all materials must be submitted by August 1st for consideration in the fall.
For More Information
- Starting your own Resource Center, please read our three-part manual:
- Becoming an affiliate, contact Lauren Smith, Director of Network Relations.
When families struggle financially, school supplies just can't be a priority. In 2017, we directly supported 6.2 million kids with new supplies.
Support a Child