Director of Development & Corporate Partnerships
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Director will generate financial and product donations from corporations, foundations and individuals to support the mission and programs of Kids In Need Foundation (KINF).
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Development
- Develop and maintain on going support from current donor relationships with key decision makers in corporations and foundations to ensure acquisition of cash and product gifts.
- Research and cultivate relationships with prospective donors to generate new revenue streams from corporations, individuals.
- Cultivate sponsorship opportunities with existing donor partners to support KINF’s campaigns and key initiatives.
- Implement a strong moves management discipline to both renew and move donors to higher levels of giving.
- Identify and develop strategies for corporate social responsibility, workplace giving/volunteerism opportunities with key corporate partners to raise funds to drive KINF mission/programs forward.
- Consistently manage personal portfolio within Salesforce to update activities and the progress being made with each and every donor within the portfolio and to enable an accurate pipeline forecasting ability.
- Work with the Vice President of Development and the CEO to develop and implement financial and strategic goals and to create an annual fundraising plan.
- Work collaboratively and collegially with internal departments to ensure smooth and seamless execution of campaigns, programs and deliverables of donor agreements, as well as to ensure the highest quality of donor experience.
- Other duties as necessary to ensure the successful operations of the organization.
- All new (local/remote) employees must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated and able to provide proof
- Must have five or more years of successful leadership experience as a fundraising or sales professional.
- A proven track record of major gift (five figure) solicitation and fundraising success preferred, whether with corporations or individuals.
- A minimum of 10 years of overall progressive work experience.
- A demonstrated self-starter and a strong manager capable of handling and prioritizing multiple programs and details.
- Skilled in the essentials of prospect research, cultivation, and one-on-one solicitations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work effectively with major corporate donors and other varied constituencies, including volunteers and individuals.
- Strong experience and utilization of CRM and pipeline management.
- Experienced in the development of communication materials that describe and promote development programs.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to make effective presentations in front of groups and organizations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams with integrity and professionalism, and to foster close relationships with internal and external teams to build programs.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Extensive use of computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- All employees must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination card
The Kids in Need Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We offer a generous Paid Time Off program with 30.5 days off per year ( which includes 11.5 holidays) and also a 5% 401k match.
Job Type: Full-time
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.