Donor Support and Transactional Finance Associate
As a Donor and Transactional Finance Associate, this position will serve Kids In Need Foundation's mission to ensure that a donor gift’s is properly received, acknowledged, and processed into our systems and bank accounts. Further, this role will support our cash disbursements cycle by supporting key payment activity across platforms.
REPORTS TO: Accounting Director
Distribute Thank You letters for all cash contributions and gift-in-kind and services.
Utilize best practices to ensure proper and streamlined acknowledgment, recognition, and stewardship of individual/corporate donors.
- Add new donor information to Salesforce.
- Revenue Processing
- Process revenue recordings into internal systems from our public-facing Donations processing partner (iDonate).
- Receive and open the daily mail segregating checks from other mail which must be given to the appropriate person and/or department.
- For all checks received, ensure all processes are followed to appropriately log checks, secure checks until deposited, and prepare checks for deposit slips for the bank.
- For all donations made through 3 rd party portals, maintain access control, update KINF information and periodically check portals for the recording of revenue.
- Address questions and issues regarding electronic donations to KINF.
- Payables Processing
- Support the payment process by paying bills off the approved payment register including ACH from our bank, bill pay from our bank, and credit card for recurring monthly charges.
- Other duties as directed
- Preferred finance and accounting degree (associate or bachelors)
- Preferred 1 to 3 years of experience
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams with integrity and professionalism and foster close relationships with internal and external teams to build programs and execute campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using spreadsheets
- Knowledge using Salesforce and/or NetSuite preferred
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Extensive use of computer, keyboard, and mouse
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
The Kids in Need Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We offer a generous Paid Time Off program with 30.5 days off per year ( which includes 11.5 holidays) and also a 5% 401k match.