Logistics Senior Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: This role is responsible for ensuring effective logistics planning, execution, compliance, and facility administration.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance & Operations
- Establish pricing strategies for all small package, Less than Truckload (LTL) and Full Truckload (FTL) routes and carriers.
- Track all inbound and outbound inventory to KINF warehouse
- Ensure correct and timely loading of trucks/movement, accurate order processing, timely deliveries and customer satisfaction. In addition, this position will work closely with other areas to support specialty events and management of product
- Comply with laws, and other regulatory requirements and ensure Logistics function follows safety rules in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Maintain metrics reporting and standards and analyze data to assess and identify issues for process improvements.
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce transportation costs.
- Evaluate in partnership with Warehouse leader to implement effective, sustainable, inventory management system reporting necessary for
- Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction, and financial commitments and program needs are being met.
- Partner and communicate with manufacturers, suppliers, and customers regularly.
- Management oversight for communication and coordination of timely product receiving, product organization, capacity and storage of product in warehouse.
- Manage the facility and equipment needs of the KINF Roseville location.
- Responsible for inventory levels, locations, monitoring of breakage and accuracy of product counts.
- Coordinate transfers of inventory between affiliates.
- Coordinate local transport of goods from donors to KINF and from KINF to events.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, operations, logistics, business administration, transportation, or supply chain (Preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience working in logistics, warehouse, or transportation operations
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of logistics and inventory software
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong aptitude to evaluate and assess current operations and make recommendations for efficiencies and opportunities to streamline logistics process.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (preferred):
- Lean Six Sigmaor similar training
- Certified Production & Inventory Management (CPIM)
Must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
- Required to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Extensive use of computer, keyboard and mouse
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
We offer a generous benefits along with a 5% 401k match and 28.5 days off annually.
Kids In Need Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a
representative of the Human Resources Department.