Teacher Resource Center Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of National Network
POSITION SUMMARY: The Teacher Resource Center Associate will oversee the daily operations of our Teacher Resource Center (TRC), the flagship location of our National Network of Resource Centers. With the goal of increasing educator participation and ensuring that our educators have the best possible experience every time they shop with us, this role is instrumental in our ability to put ‘our best face forward’ to both our shoppers and to our potential donors/partners.
- Ensure a smooth and efficient check-in/out experience, that shoppers are properly greeted and are informed on how to shop
- Set standards for TRC appearance, maintain a bright and welcoming environment
- Showcase visually-appealing product displays which make the best usage of space and available items, leveraging overstock items as much as possible
- Ensure that all SOPs are adhered to, optimized as needed
- Ensure compliance with COVID (or any other larger public health concerns) of addressing restrictions for staff and volunteers, and partnering with Communications team on both internal and external communications that are necessary
- Responsible to know what's needed in the TRC, ensuring issues are flagged/escalated to upper management
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the educator TRC experience
- Partner with team Coordinator to establish TRC schedule and shopping hours, ensuring continuity with MPLS and St. Paul school district holidays
- Partner with Volunteer Manager/team to ensure all TRC volunteers are properly trained, scheduled, and equipped to assist with educator shopping. Includes creating tasks for TRC volunteers and optimizing their Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as needed.
- Responsible for maintenance and tracking of TRC inventory
- Accountable for all inventory, ensuring product list is accurate and inventory can be appropriately tracked through the utilization of our Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Partner with Operations team to restock of TRC items, forecasting ongoing product needs, and work through solutions when we have item shortages
- Responsible for maintaining our checkout scanning system, troubleshooting technical issues and updating requirements with our Director of IT
- Update register barcode sheet(s) and set item limits
- Create and ensure successful processing of all TRC transfer orders
- Lead TRC physical inventory cycle counts twice a year (January and Summer), correct counts as needed. Compile final inventory numbers and ensure WMS reflects accurate TRC product numbers
- Responsible for ‘Store Stash’ area, overseeing daily operations and consistently consolidating and removing excess pallets to make space available for incoming transfer orders. Ensure area is tidy and well-maintained so as to not hinder any Warehouse operations
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing a retail environment
- Technically inclined/process-oriented
- Experience with POS or similar type inventory/retail software
- Demonstrated customer service experience, must be friendly and accommodating to our shoppers
- Ability to give clear and concise work direction to TRC staff and volunteers
- Ability to work special events where the TRC may be open during non-standard work hours
- Ability to work 1-2 Saturdays a month
- Must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must successfully pass a background check
The Kids in Need Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We offer a generous benefit package including a 5% 401k match and 28.5 days off annually.