Volunteer Program Manager
The Volunteer Program Manager is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and executing a comprehensive program to recruit, engage, and retain volunteers to support KINF’s programs and impact. They will build infrastructure related to all aspects of the volunteer program, developing and managing systems for volunteer program oversight and evaluation.
This position will have flexible, variable hours depending on events and community engagement needs. Candidates must be available to flex a typical work schedule to include weeknights and Saturdays.
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of National Programs
- Volunteer Program Administration & Management
- Establish, promote, and communicate vision and goals of the volunteer program that are inline with the KINF’s mission and goals.
- Collaborate with cross functional departments to assess organizational needs that can be met with volunteer efforts.
- Develop and maintain volunteer service descriptions for specific assignments and activities to meet the needs of the Foundation.
- Design, implement, and manage a year-round schedule of volunteer needs and activities, job descriptions, volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service program goals.
- Establish a volunteer platform to manage volunteer activities, events and individual volunteer records.
- Develop, promote, and maintain a steady volunteer base by sourcing new volunteers (individuals and groups) using various tools, including but not limited to volunteer databases, e-mail outreach, events/networking, marketing, social media, etc.
- Input and maintain accurate records in the volunteer database, to provide timely reports on volunteer participation.
- Provide weekly updates and calendar of events to key staff on upcoming volunteer groups and activities.
- Provide supervision and coaching to Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assist in the vetting and selection of a volunteer management system which will harmonize the existing disparate tracking systems and tools.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities in carrying forward the mission of KINF.
Supervise volunteer activities in coordination with other staff.
Provide a positive, meaningful, and quality volunteer experience for individuals and groups.
Provide comprehensive volunteer training including orientation, tours, program materials and instructions.
Ensure that volunteer led events, programs, and materials provided to volunteers are all consistent in branding, messaging, and visual representation in alignment with standards established by Kids In Need Foundation.
Manage incoming communications in a timely manner for all volunteer services.
Gather feedback following volunteers shift
Bachelor’s degree preferred or 3 years equivalent work experience.
3 years of prior volunteer management experience.
Demonstrated knowledge and abilities creating and/or managing volunteer databases or volunteer platforms strongly preferred.
Demonstrated problem solving skills with high attention to detail and ability to produce accurate results. Proven time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues and multiple priorities.
Ability to communicate effectively with diverse volunteers, staff, members and clients/community partners.
Prior experience in online scheduling management programs such as VolunteerHub and Salesforce, preferred.
Strong communication skills using email and phone.
Required to read and write and comprehend English, follow verbal instructions.
Must have a reliable vehicle to travel and attend special offsite Foundation events and meetings.
Available to to flex a typical work schedule to include weeknights and Saturdays.
Must be Covid-19 vaccinated and able to provide proof.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move 40 pounds or more on occasion.
The employee may be required to stand/sit for extended periods of time.
The Kids in Need Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We offer a generous Paid Time Off program with 30.5 days off per year ( which includes 11.5 holidays) and also a 5% 401k match.
Job Type: Full-time
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.