The Kids In Need Foundation is currently seeking a full time Development Director to work at the administrative offices in Roseville, MN.
The Development Director will cultivate and solicit financial and product donations from corporations, foundations and individuals in support of the Foundation. This person will work closely with the Executive Director and the Senior Director of Development and Corporate Partnerships to obtain gifts, manage corporate cause-related marketing programs, and grants being applied for by the Foundation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers in corporations and foundations to insure acquisition of cash and product gifts.
- Research, cultivate, and solicit gift prospects to include corporations, individuals, and foundations.
- Proactively manage the solicitation process to move donors to higher levels of giving.
- Work with the Board Fundraising Committee to identify and cultivate funding opportunities with key contacts for corporate and individual giving.
- Identify and develop strategies for cause related marketing opportunities with key corporate partners to raise funds for/increase awareness of the Foundation’s programs.
- Strengthen the individual giving program.
- Utilize the Foundation’s fundraising reporting system to update activities and the progress being made with donors.
- Work with the Executive Director and the Senior Director of Development and Corporate Partnerships to develop and implement financial and strategic goals and to create an annual fundraising plan.
- Participate in the development of an annual plan of work and budget.
- Promote a team environment among the Foundation staff.
- Other duties requested by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Skills
- Five or more years of successful leadership experience as a fundraising or sales professional. A proven track record of major gift solicitation success, particularly with corporations.
- A demonstrated self-starter and a strong manager capable of handling and prioritizing multiple programs and details.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Skilled in the essentials of prospect research, cultivation, and one-on-one solicitations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work effectively with major corporate donors and other varied constituencies, including volunteers and individuals.
- Experienced in the development of communication materials that describe and promote development programs.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal skills and the ability to make effective presentations in front of groups and organizations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A proven track record of sales or donor success.
- Willingness to travel.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org