Sustainable Inventory Partnerships
As a business solution, Kids In Need Foundation is uniquely positioned to provide corporate entities with robust inventory management options. In addition to supporting retailers, distributors, and manufacturers in their efforts to become more sustainable and environmentally-friendly, Kids In Need Foundation hosts a seamless, complimentary, tax-deductible way for partners to turn surplus inventory into resources inspiring creativity, learning, positive and welcoming classroom environments, and tactile activities for under-resourced teachers and students.
By working with manufacturers and retailers alike, through solutions that benefit their business, we can make a difference in underserved schools. Donating product instead of discarding can help keep classrooms stocked with core supplies. Kids In Need Foundation can help companies:
- Reduce stock at key times of the year
- Offer a consistent outlet for seasonal inventory
- Lessen the impact of packaging or logo changes, misprints, or overruns
- Provide support as they manage surplus or obsolete inventory
Product Donation Guidelines
- Product must be new and K-12 appropriate. Scratch and dent items must be otherwise fully functional. Gently used items are accepted on a case-by-case basis and must be delivered at the donor's cost.
- Products intended for use in the classroom must meet the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) guidelines.
- Kids In Need Foundation Affiliates are not in a position to transport industrial products, chemicals, cleaning products larger than consumer size, or any items that require hazmat-level shipping.
Retail Pick-up Programs
Research shows that North American retailers experience an estimated $123 billion in overstock costs each year. Additionally, businesses can suffer additional significant financial losses when they offer deep discounts on excess product. But there is another solution.
With Kids In Need Foundation's pick-up program, we provide a simple way to make an impact through donating, rather than discarding, that excess product. Yes, this donation has financial benefits and promotes positive brand awareness, but that's not where the benefits end. Studies show that employees who believe in their organization's community-based, philanthropic efforts are inspired to do their best work, which naturally raises company morale and improves culture.
Kids In Need Foundation offers a turn-key solution that not only helps your inventory management strategies, it redirects your product directly into under-resourced classrooms nationwide. From core learning tools to hygiene products, technology, and more, repurposing your product can support education in creative and inspiring ways.
JOANN Stores has been a success story for millions. They have championed our mission through their continuous generosity and commitment to furthering education. You, too, can align your company/brand with an innovative program that contributes to an important cause-not only for you but for your employees and your customer base. Learn more about your retail pick-up programs by reading our JOANN Stores Case Study.