SRS- How It Works
We’re always looking for people who want to help ensure all students come to school with the tools needed to learn. Our student backpacks are filled with essential new supplies kids need for the school year. Each sponsored backpack costs $25. We offer pre-assembled backpacks filled with essential school supplies to be delivered to qualifying schools or delivery of bulk supplies to host backpack-building events.
Our standard backpacks include:
- 3 folders, 2 notebooks, a package of pencils
- a package of markers, a pair of scissors, 2 glue sticks
- a package of Post-its, 2 pens, a package of crayons
- a pencil pouch, a ruler, eraser & pencil sharpener, all in a new basic backpack
- Sponsors range from small to very large companies, organizations, churches, and other youth serving groups. Your donation covers the backpack, supplies, storage and packing materials. We’ll ship your materials anywhere within the 48 contiguous states (shipping fees vary depending on destination). Donations are tax deductible.
- We have hosted events to fill backpacks for 100 students to over a 1000! Our minimum sponsorship level is $2500 for 100 backpacks.
- We have a 4-star rating with Charity Navigator for our outstanding accountability and transparency.
Backpack Building Event
Engage in a fun and memorable team building exercise through a Build Event. Assembling backpacks is a tangible way to connect your contribution to giving back locally. A SRS Build Event is a great way to engage teams. It provides a hands-on way for sponsors to connect with each other and the student recipients. We encourage sponsors to include personal notes and other age appropriate items in the backpacks. Build Events are offered year round.
- Planning. Backpack Build Events are designed to empower those who believe every child deserves a shot at success. We ship the supplies to our partner organizations to build backpacks together in offices, hotels, courtyards, gymnasiums, sanctuaries, parking lots, and more. A few things to consider as we start helping to plan a successful Build event.
- Time. Your build event can last 1 hour or 1 day! Volunteers can fill backpacks in shifts or all at once, depending on the number of volunteers and backpacks your group wants to build. Your event can be easily modified to meet your needs.
- People. Anyone can build backpacks! Everyone from kids to seniors are provided a hands on experience to help kids in need.
- Space. A pick line holds 10-20 people. Each pick line includes working room around it 22.5 – 145 Sq. Ft. (10 fines – 1450. Sq. Ft. It’s nice to have a covered area or be inside as rain/sun protection. PA/Sound system for fun and communication ease (optional).
- Funding. With KINF, $25 goes a long way! $25 per backpack covers the backpack, school supplies, storage and packing materials. KINF staff would love to be involved with your event if possible. We’ll ship your event materials anywhere within the 48 contiguous states. Donations are tax deductible as we are a 501-3c non-profit.
When families struggle financially, school supplies just can't be a priority. In 2018, we directly supported more than 6 million students with new supplies.
Support a Child