The Kids In Need Foundation is currently seeking a Volunteer Services Manager to join our team.
Position Title:Volunteer Services Manager
Position Summary: The Volunteer Services Manager is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and executing a comprehensive program to recruit, engage, and retain volunteers. They will cultivate relationships with partners to increase awareness of the mission through volunteering and other opportunities for philanthropic engagement.
Reports To: Director of Programs
- Develop, promote, and maintain a steady volunteer base by sourcing new volunteers (individuals and groups) using various tools, including but not limited to volunteer databases, e-mail outreach, events/networking, marketing, social media, etc.
- Utilize volunteer platform to manage volunteer activities, events. and individual volunteer records.
- Implement and optimize a strong moves management discipline to move donors to higher levels of contributions and giving.
- Provide weekly updates and calendar of events to key staff on upcoming volunteer groups and activities.
- Collaborate with cross functional departments to coordinate efforts and resources to meet the needs of national and local programs.
- Work with the development team to coordinate outreach efforts to develop and grow ambassadors for the Foundation to support the fundraising goals of the organization.
- Develop and maintain volunteer service descriptions for specific assignments and activities to meet the needs of the Foundation.
- Design, implement, and manage a year-round schedule of volunteer needs and activities, job descriptions, volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service program goals.
- Manage incoming communications in a timely manner for all volunteer services.
- Input and maintain accurate records in volunteer database, to provide timely reports on volunteer participation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with volunteers, staff, members and clients/community partners.
- Organize volunteer service and administrative work of volunteers.
- Train volunteers provide comprehensive training including orientation, tours, program materials and instructions.
- Gather feedback following volunteers shift utilizing survey tool.
- Ensure that volunteer led events, programs, and materials provided to volunteers are all consistent in branding, messaging, and visual representation in alignment with standards established by Kids In Need Foundation.
- Perform other duties as needed by various foundation programs, to ensure the needs of the business/mission are met successfully.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Preferred degree in Human Services, Marketing, or Communications and minimum of 3 years Volunteer Management experience required. Demonstrated knowledge and abilities creating and/or managing volunteer database or volunteer platform strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with high attention to detail and ability to produce accurate results. Proven time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues and multiple priorities.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills with the ability to build and maintain trusted and effective donor relationships.
- Proficiency with a computer and various software packages and online schedule management programs, including Salesforce, and communicating effectively via email and phone frequently.
- Required to read and write and comprehend English, follow verbal instructions.
- Available to work special events as needed on occasional nights and weekends to support our events.
- Must have reliable vehicle to travel and attend special offsite Foundation events and meetings.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
- The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move 40 pounds or more on occasion.
- The employee may be required to stand/sit for extended periods of time.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kids in Need Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.