Make a Donation
Kids In Need Foundation is committed to creating equity in the classroom, with a focus on the nation's most under-resourced schools, by providing the supplies needed for teachers to teach and learners to learn. We believe that all students, regardless of their circumstances, deserve equal opportunity and access to a quality education.
Kids In Need Foundation (KINF) is proud to partner with innovative and committed companies to create equitable learning spaces through the distribution of supplies and resources, empowering teachers and students in schools serving systematically marginalized communities.
Click below to learn more
Kids In Need Foundation is proud to partner with innovative and committed companies to create equitable learning spaces.
For partners looking for a turnkey way to support under-resourced teachers and students, KINF has three foundational programs, and its Network, to support: Supply A Student, Supply A Teacher, RISE: Rural and Indigenous School Equity, and Second Responder®.
We welcome you to support under-resourced teachers and students through volunteer opportunities with Kids In Need Foundation!
There are a variety of ways you can help whether you are a student looking for community service hours, an individual with extra time on your hands, or an organization wanting to work together to foster teamwork. Gather your friends, family, or co-workers to empower teachers to teach and learners to learn.
Volunteer Opportunities in the Twin Cities
We regularly host private volunteer groups and can customize your and your group's experience based on your interests and abilities, and for a variety of ages.
- Supply A Student Backpack builds
- Supply A Teacher Box builds
- Special Projects
- Custom School Supplies Product Builds
- Store Restocking
- Teacher Shopping
- Prepare and Organize Inventory
Volunteer at a Resource Center
Kids In Need Foundation collaborates with teacher resource centers across the United States, and each one relies on the dedicated efforts of volunteers. Specific roles will vary based on local needs, but all resource centers offer ample opportunities to make a tangible difference for the teachers and students of underserved communities.
If you are interested, please contact your nearest Resource Center directly. Click here to locate a resource center near you.
- Organize a supply drive - KINF has put together a School Supply Drive Toolkit to get your ideas flowing, including a list of the supplies we need to support under-resourced teachers and students. At the end of your drive, you can ship all the items you've collected for FREE to our national headquarters. Get your free shipping label for boxes up to 50 lbs., thanks to Zappos- you can send as many boxes as you'd like!
- Start a fundraiser
- Give visibility by following us on social media! @kidsinneed
- Use your creative side to donate new tie-blankets and/or crocheted/knitted/sewed hats, mittens, and gloves for students
Kids Helping Kids
For the 30 million students enrolled in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), new school supplies are often a luxury item that is outside of the family budget. As Kids In Need Foundation (KINF) continues to provide the resources and supplies for teachers to teach and learners to learn, there is a new generation joining its efforts: Kids Helping Kids.
Middle and high-school students can apply to be an ambassador for Kids Helping Kids. Each ambassador will promote his or her fundraiser in his or her community, learning valuable communications skills along the way. Ambassadors can raise support through funding and/or the collection of supplies to be provided to under-resourced students. Click here to learn more about how you can become an ambassador
- Host a supply drive by collecting core school products or raising funds for supplies to benefit underserved kids across the country, thru KINF. Drives will be hosted on a KINF.org custom landing page that will be created as a collaborative effort between the ambassador and KINF personnel.
- Raise support and awareness for KINF's mission and programs nationwide throughout the year.
- Collaborate with KINF's communications team to brainstorm tactics to ensure a successful drive.
Host a school supply drive to support KINF programs. KINF has put together a School Supply Drive Toolkit to get your ideas flowing, including a list of the supplies we need to support under-resourced teachers and students. At the end of your drive, you can ship all the items you've collected for FREE to our national headquarters. Get your free shipping label for boxes up to 50 lbs., thanks to Zappos- you can send as many boxes as you'd like!
Host a Fundraiser
Make giving a little competitive and start a fundraiser! Get a team together with your coworkers or employees, sorority sisters, neighbors, or friends and challenge yourselves. Can you raise enough to provide for a student? A whole class? A whole school? We'll create a unique fundraising portal for you and co-brand it with your logo. The Online Fundraising Toolkit will inspire you.
Supply A Student Backpack Builds
Each year, we are honored to help organizations, community groups, and teams, large and small, come together to support under-resourced students through backpack sponsorships.
How it Works
It starts with a single backpack.
We offer pre-assembled backpacks filled with essential school supplies that are delivered to qualifying schools, or delivery of bulk supplies to groups wanting to sponsor backpacks. We encourage groups to add a personal touch by adding a handwritten uplifting note to each student recipient.
Each sponsored backpack costs $25 (plus shipping) and includes:
- 3 folders, 2 notebooks, a package of pencils,
- a package of markers, a pair of scissors, 2 glue sticks,
- a package of Post-its, 2 pens, a package of crayons,
- a pencil pouch, an eraser, and a pencil sharpener, all in a new backpack!
Ready to build?
Backpack builds offer a tangible way to connect your team and make a difference, together.
- Supplies: We'll send them!
- Time: Builds can last from 1 hour to 1 day, with volunteers working in shifts or all together.
- Space: We recommend around 1450 square feet for 10-20 people to work together and some coverage from the elements so you can work rain or shine.
- People: Anyone can build backpacks!
We can help in making your give-back initiatives easy and successful! It's more than just a backpack.