Teacher Shopping FAQs
Q: How do I know if my school qualifies?
A: Educators who work at schools in the greater Twin Cities area that have a student enrollment of 50% or more, participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) qualify to shop at the Kids In Need Foundation (KINF) Resource Center.
Educators from eligible schools can shop for school supplies at no cost at KINF’s Resource Center once per quarter. All supplies are provided free to our shoppers, and there are never any membership fees associated with the items they receive.
Q: Do I need any kind of identification when I arrive for my appointment?
A: Yes, please bring your appointment confirmation email and your school I.D. or a valid driver’s license with you.
Q: Is there anything else I should bring to my appointment?
A: For your convenience, please bring reusable bags to pack up your items.
Q: How can I cancel or reschedule my appointment?
A: If you are unable to keep your appointment, please reschedule in SignupGenius for another day and time through your original confirmation email by clicking on ‘view sign up’.
Q: Can I invite other teachers to make an appointment?
A: If you have a friend or colleague from an eligible school that would be interested in shopping at the KINF Resource Center and has not received an email invitation, please have them contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: What type of items are available in the resource center?
A: The KINF Resource Center is stocked with essential classroom supplies such as pencils, paper, pens, glue, markers, art supplies, backpacks, and much more (all items are new). Additionally, we often have fun seasonal items and decor, that help inspire creativity for both our students and teachers.
Q: Why are some of the items different from the last time I shopped?
A: Most of our materials are donated from our generous partners, which means our available inventory may change over time. The core items that will always be available to our educators include: school supplies, office supplies, craft items, and learning tools.
Q: Where is the resource center located?
A: The KINF Resource Center is located at: 2719 Patton Rd Roseville, MN 55113.
Q: How can I contact the resource center?
A: Please contact us at email@example.com.
Q: When is shopping available?
A: Currently, shopping is available by appointment only. Our general hours of operation are Monday-Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and every other Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Q: What can I do to help Kids In Need Foundation succeed?
- Teacher feedback: We appreciate feedback from our teachers! If you have previously shopped with us, we’d be grateful if you’d consider sharing your invaluable insight. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share your story: We would love to see photos of you and your students using the supplies and resources you found while shopping! We know the items you shop for will be put to use in creative, impactful ways and we’d love for you to share your story on your personal channels. Don’t forget to tag @KidsInNeed on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
- Follow us: Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @KidsInNeed.
- Volunteer Opportunities: We are always looking for volunteers at our KINF Resource Center. You can learn more about those opportunities on our website.
- Donations: KINF accepts donations of new school supplies, learning resources, and warm winter accessories. Additionally, individuals and companies can support KINF’s mission by making a donation or hosting a supply drive.